Use this board for topics not necessarily related to stitching.
Note: Any discussions regarding the distribution of any copy-written materials will be removed. No advertisements, sales-related, or social media postings allowed.
Thu, Apr 27, 2006 11:43 AM
Posted by Sherri Waggoner
I am trying to find out what the embroidery is that is done on top of material.... does not go through to the back.... used to do it when I was in grade school (LONG TIME AGO <:) We usually used it for borders... particularly on aprons. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
  • Hide Replies
    Reply from Sylvia
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:30 PM
    Sounds like Huck embroidery, also called Swedish weaving. Go to top
    • Reply from Sherri
      Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:13 PM
      Thank you... it's exactly like Swedish Weaving but on much finer material, not monk's cloth.. any ideas?
      Go to top
  • Hide Replies
    Reply from Maria S.
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:36 PM
    You can buy huck towelling material still. It comes in white and some pastel colours. Look for huck towelling. It has pairs of threads on the top that are called floaters. Mary Maxim store in Paris, Ontario carries. They have a store in Port Huron, Mich. that may have it also. Go to top
    • Reply from Sylvia
      Friday, April 28, 2006 9:37 AM
      I've also done huck/Swedish weaving on aida fabric. Nordic Needle in Fargo, ND is another good source for patterns, books, and I believe they also carry huck towelling. Go to top